Friday, July 25, 2008

Friday Five

1. I found myself watching the reruns of Golden Girls this week after hearing about Estelle Getty's passing. I remember watching this show with my grandma Palmer. She loved it and although I hated to admit it at the time I liked it too. Sophia's wisecracks were the best. After hearing about how hard her life had been lately, I hope she has found some peace.

2. I have a training day today at my new school and I am not looking forward to going. I hate those one day training sessions where they throw everything at you and expect you to remember it and use it for years to come. Get real, especially since this is a computer program I will be needing help along the way.

3. My niece went to the Jonas Bros. concert in Indianapolis Wednesday night and called me Thursday full of stories. She is as crazy over these boys as I was over New Kids on the Block and Michael Jackson at her age. It's funny how we get so crazy over someone when we are young and then when we are older we realize that they are not who we thought they were. This is especially true of Michael Jackson for me. I thought he was the sexiest man alive and they way he danced was unbelievable. My dad always tried to tell me that something wasn't right about him but I kept dreaming about marrying him some day. That dream now makes my toes curl.

4. I have to make myself work on the book that I am trying to write because I can't just give up on it. I think because I started at the end of the story and then had the character flashback that is the reason why I am struggling with the story. I don't know the next step or issues to get the characters to the ultimate conflict. Maybe I am being foolish by thinking that I can write. I don't know.

5. I am anxious for our new church to be ready for use but we have had a set back with the front doors. The company claimed that the doors were solid wood but they are sadly not. So now we have to wait on new front doors to be installed before we can move in the equipment for church services. It is a beautiful building and I am so excited to see our first service take place in the new building. We have waited a long time for this to finally happen and here it is just a few weeks away. First we had trouble finding the land to build on, then it was problems with the blueprints, and now the front doors but God is in control.

Have a blessed weekend and I will blog at you on Monday.

No comments: