Tuesday, March 3, 2009

just learning

Wow,
Someone just sent me a link to a teacher's blog where the students interact with each other on the blog. The students have taken ownership and they are writing unique daily logs of the class activities. I think I am going to have to try this method on for size because you could see the personalities come through the daily logs. I think this type of writing pulls that out of kids because they have to take the ordinary things of what went on in the classroom and make it interesting to read. I am going to start this next year with my classes. It will require some more time of me outside of school but it will be worth it. I would love to start a YA blog where my students interact on the books they read outside of my class also. I am so excited to start this next year.

No comments: